Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Short One Goes for a Ride


I got a phone call at work today. My husband. "When you see D's hand, I want you to know what happened. I caught him, but his hand is sliced open"...always great to start a conversation like that...So it seems while my husband had his hands full of boxes to ship at the post office, on his way to load The Short One into the car for preschool, he pressed the button to open the garage door and The Short One grabbed onto the handle of the door - you know, the one you can use to open it manually if it isn't working. Well, believe it or not, it took him all the way to the top of the garage, feet dangling about my husband's car, eyes as big as his head (I'm told). Needless to say, the boxes were tossed as my husband darted under my son to catch him...he was afraid to stay, afraid to let go...but finally my husband coaxed him into letting go and he caught him, but his hand was cut on the way down. Now, that I've seen his hand and know that he's okay, I find it comical, picturing him dangling there...because he wasn't hurt - but he could have been! I very seriously doubt he will do it again. My husband said he tries most mornings to grab the handle and I suppose with my husband's hands full of boxes, he saw an opening...a fun ride. Little did he know it would take him all the way up so quickly, to the "tippy top" as he told me when I got home this afternoon. Want me to be honest? Now...the more I think about it, the harder I laugh. ;) So, if you have a little guy, watch out for that handle on the garage door...it may appear "enticing"...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha!
I'm glad to hear he's okay, but that hilarious!!

raveninthewolfden said...

Oh my! Well its good to know that everything is okay and can now be smiled at. I have often seen my little girl with those 'idea eyes' of hers and many times have I said "dont grab that". Now I can only picture what it would have been like. SO. Thanks for posting. Have a nice evening. That lil guy and big guy {hubby} deserve cookies after there rough day.

Samantha Cummings said...

Oh - bless his heart! Thank goodness there was no more damage than a small cut! I bet your hubby had a heart attack...

boys! *sigh*

Surge said...

LOL
The "tippy-top"

Amanda Tempel said...

Hey there! I'm a new follower from Friday Follow!Hope to see you around my blog sometime! :)