Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Coupon Train, Anyone?


I LOVE coupons. I'm a coupon clipper. I save big bucks by using coupons, matching them to sales, pairing them with extra care bucks, etc. If any of you use coupons like I do, you might be interested in a coupon train! I would be MORE than willing to start a train for the readers of Champagne Wisdom...if we have enough interests. A coupon train basically works like this...I'll place 20-30 coupons in an envelope with a list of names/address for people on "the train". I will mail it to the first person on the list. When this person receives it, he/she goes through the coupons, takes out the ones they'll use and REPLACES with the same number or more that were taken out of the envelope. Then, the envelope moves along to the next name on the list. A few good rules of thumb:

1. Take out any coupons you see have expired.

2. Mail the envelope to the next person within 2-3 days of receiving it.

3. Keep an envelope for coupons you receive/clip that you WON'T use. For example, my son is four so I don't use any baby/diaper coupons, I don't have a cat, I don't use certain makeups, etc...so I would save those for the train...Then you'll have a stash ready to go on the day the coupon train arrives in the mail.


I started THREE coupon trains last year and none of them ever made it back to me. I only put names on the lists of those who were interested, yet someone along the way failed to mail them to the next person on the list...if you're interested in participating in a coupon train, leave a comment below, but ONLY if you're willing to keep the train going. If you're not sure about it, feel free to ask more questions or take a few days to think about it. When the train stops, it ruins the fun for everyone!

We'll see who's interested and if we have at least 5 or 6, I'll put one together for us! If we have more, I can start several trains. Remember, everyone on the list will be counting on you to keep the train moving. Each time the envelope makes it's way back to me, I'll replenish before it cycles through again. I'm always getting GREAT coupons from manufacturers and websites.

Happy Coupon-ing!

10 comments:

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

That is such a neat idea. I wish I could be a part of it, but I am in Canada.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to be apart of a coupon train or even a direct coupon trade. My DF and I are vegans so there are a TON of coupons we don't use! But there are also a ton of coupons I use! I get a subscription to the Sunday paper and All You as well as a ton of other magazines so I have a never ending supply of coupons.

Anne said...

I would love to be apart of this, we always have coupons we dont need and would love to be able to send them to somebody who could use them.

aj270750@gmail.com

Samantha Cummings said...

I'd love to be a part of it as well! There are always so many I toss because I don't use them. Let me know if you get one going!

krystal said...

I would be interested. I also subscribe to All You and get the Sunday paper weekly. I mainly look for coupons for vegetables, frozen meals and dog treats... meaning I have a whole stash of makeup coupons, baby supplies, cat items, etc. etc. etc. Send me more info! :)

Melissa said...

I would love to be part of the Train! I might also be able to recruit a few more "riders" from my blog readers. please let me know!
Thanks, Melissa

Filler Family Finds said...

I will do this if you are still needing people.
sara.iteachk@gmail.com

mama2three said...

Sign me up, I'd love to take part in a coupon train. What a great idea!! Thank you.
cjtuschen@gmail.com

Elyse said...

Hi there, I am one of Melissa's "riders". I am very interested in joining this and am serious about keeping up with it. I live in Alaska...so I don't get all the good ones you all recieve but do get many coupons through coupon clipper peeps,mag.ect. I have tons I don't use. Thanks for doing this its a great idea!

The Need 2 Read said...

Elyse,

We would LOVE to have you! I can't seem to find your email address, so if you will...leave it in a comment or just email me with your full name and address - I'll be glad to add you to the "train"! :)