Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Easy, Yummy Peppermint Fudge


I have a YUMMY recipe for you. I usually make it for Christmas, but I was thinking - this would be PERFECT for Valentine's Day, too!! It doesn't have an overwhelming peppermint flavor, nice, sweet and just right! Every time I make it someone asks for the recipe, so...I thought I would share. After all, it HAS to be the easiest fudge recipe EVER! And, if you like it, I have one similar for a Rocky Road Fudge I can share as well...YUM-MY!! :)

12 oz. package white chocolate chips
1 tub creamy vanilla frosting (I usually use Pillsbury)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
7-10 peppermint candies, crushed
No stick cooking spray
Red food coloring
Red candy sprinkles (optional)
Aluminum foil
8x8 baking pan

Line your 8x8 glass or metal pan with aluminum foil. Spray and coat well with non-stick cooking spray, set aside. Melt your chips in the microwave. Microwave for 1 minute and stir. Microwave at 30 second intervals until chips are completely melted. Stir in peppermint flavoring and frosting. Stir well. Pour into pan. Drop food coloring in each corner. Using a knife or toothpick, swirl food coloring into fudge. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint and/or red sprinkles. Place in the refrigerator until hard. Remove, lift the fudge out of the pan using the aluminum foil, cut into squares and enjoy!

This is GREAT to drop into your coffee!! If you're a fan of peppermint mocha, you will LOVE a square of this melted in your coffee! It also makes a fun gift to cut into squares and give in a coffee mug with some single serve coffee packets.

2 comments:

Money Saving Maine-iac said...

OOH! So yummy! And the presentation is great. I can't wait to try these.
Thanks for linking up to From Blah to ta-daa!
Teresa

The Royal Family said...

Thanks for linking up at the Blah to tadaa blog!
I love this recipe... too bad hubs doesn't like peppermint!

See you soon,
The buzz
Brandy