Monday, January 18, 2010

Today I...and I Did It All for Free!


Here are a few things I did today...and I did them all for free!
Remember...while I'm a fan of several money saving sites, I find most of my free offers via Today's Freebies Forums.

Requested a free Uni Ball Pen - the form will only be available if you're one of the first 10,000. Be one of the first 10,000 each day between now and April 30, starts each day at noon central time. Do what I did...request yours!

Sent a text message to get $2 in coupons from Gain Laundry Detergent (remember your normal text rates will apply. I had to send 3 texts for this.)
Text GAIN13 to 599-99

Printed 2 $2 off coupons for 8th Continent Soy Milk: Just become a fan of their celebrity spokesperson, Sara Lopez. Then visit the "Discussions" tab for the link to the coupon. Do what I did...print yours!

Made construction paper heart garland with The Short One and decorated our mantle for Valentine's Day. You can do it too:
Make your own garland!
Be sure your heart overlaps on BOTH sides. This website doesn't make that clear - if you only leave one side connected - it will fall apart!! I cut a piece of construction paper in half, length wise, tape the two pieces together side by side and then make my garland. It usually takes me three sheets of construction paper to get mine the length I want!

Printed Valentine's Day coloring pages to color with The Short One...
I just thought everyone knew to use Google for images, but I've found that many people don't! If you're looking for pictures, whether it be coloring book pictures, clip art or actual photos...use Google for quick, easy and free images. Just watch the copyright! A few rules I go by:

1. Go to Google Images (www.google.com, then the "Images" link in the top left corner of the page.
2. If you're looking for coloring pages to print, always type in "coloring page" after what you're looking for...for example, "heart coloring page" or "Spiderman coloring page". I always copy the image, past it into Word and enlarge it to fill the page and make it larger.
3. If you're looking for clip art to use on birthday cards, slide shows, etc...just type in "clip art" - this is also a good way to safe guard when children are using the Internet to work on projects - type in "clip art" whenever they're searching. For example, "puppies clip art" or "ocean clip art". That way your search will pull up mostly clip art and not REAL images, which can be dangerous when young eyes are searching the web.

Google Images is great - and free!

1 comment:

bigskygirls said...

I adore the heart garland! I'm going to bookmark that for later. :)

Melissa