Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cracking Down or Cracking Up?

Do you ever have one of those moments when you should be supporting your significant other, disciplining your child, but you find yourself holding back your laughter and hiding behind something because you're about to BURST out laughing?? I had one of those moments tonight.

We had a loooong night last night. The Short One was up alll night whining, saying he heard a robber, call the police, I need to snuggle and on and on and on. I ended up in his twin bed with him at one point. He ended up in between my husband and I in our bed at another point. We just all tossed and turned all night. He was faking. He was MAKING himself physically tremble. We had a 120lb dog asleep in the hall. We had our security system on...trust me...NO ONE was "robbing" our house. The Short One is going through this phase where he REFUSES to go to sleep - no matter how early I put him to bed, no matter how long I read to him, tuck him in, check for monsters, etc...is it a phase???? Whatever it is, it's getting old.

So...tonight my husband told him he was limiting his TV intake. He was NOT watching anything remotely scary. His exact words were, "I'm cracking down on your TV shows". They talked back and forth, naming a few cartoons specifically that would be off limits, The Short One whined, "daddy" stood his ground and once again, said more sternly, "I am cracking down"...to which The Short One replied, "You mean up"...

I almost lost it. I had to turn around and look at the wall. Cracking UP instead of cracking DOWN?? How did he even make that quick connection and turn it around so smoothly? I was impressed...Cracking up, cracking down...I just want to sleep tonight!!

10 comments:

Samantha Cummings said...

Bless your heart...I've had a few of those nights myself. For me, getting up early in the morning and finding activities that drained their energy is what worked!

Hopefully, your little guy will let you guys get some sleep - and sometimes, I have to work really hard not to laugh out loud at some of the things my two say. Cracking up - LOL!!!

Melissa said...

FRIDAY FOLLOW ~ GLAD YO MEET YOU

Mass Hole Mommy said...

HI there! I'm here from the Friday follow!

Unknown said...

Following from Friday Follow! Have a great weekend ☺

http://stoictia.blogspot.com

Kristy said...

Happy Friday Follow, here to follow you back! :)

Kristy @ MyPetSavings.com

Latsyrc728 said...

He is a cutie! I am following you from Friday Follow. http://www.thriftyandfrugalliving.com

Sarah Coulsey said...

I am a Friday Follow!!!!



sarahsblogoffun.blogspot.com

Rachel Cotterill said...

Oh that made me laugh so hard. I hope he gets over it soon, though!

Found you through Follow Friday :)

Anonymous said...

That pic is cracking me up!

Thanks for linking up this week with Friday Follow! I am already following and stopping over to say hello.

~ Lynn
http://www.middayescapades.com

MisAdventuresofMomof3 said...

We have those all the time. We have to take turns on who gets to laugh and who has to keep a straight face. Usually we try to hurry and send them to their room so we both can laugh.


New follower from FF.

misadventuresofmomof3.me