Thursday, January 14, 2010

It's Dinner Time! SIMPLE Stir Fry


This is one of my favorite recipes - for LOTS of reasons!! Really, it's not even a recipe, it's just a bunch of stuff thrown together - ha! I like it because it's thrifty, it's easy, it makes a ton for left-overs and it's YUMMY! I've had several friends and co-workers ask how to make it when I bring it for lunch and...it just couldn't be easier!! I try to be frugal when it comes to using left-overs and this is a great way to do it. It's actually made with Ramen Noodles - can't get much cheaper than that!! I keep a case of both chicken and beef Ramen Noodles on hand (usually bought from Aldi) - because all things Aldi are inexpensive!! Here are the basics:

2 pkg. Ramen Noodles (chicken or beef)
Left over chicken (grilled or baked) OR steak
Mix-ins (I usually use squash, broccoli, mushrooms for beef and zucchini, bell peppers, onions for chicken - or whatever I have on hand)
2 eggs
Olive Oil
Butter
Seasoning (I use Dale's for steak, Toni's for chicken)

Open your Ramen noodles and soak them in a bowl of water - let sit while you're working on the "other stuff". Drizzle a non-stick skillet or wok with olive oil. Cut your veggies and meat. If meat is left-over (already cooked), you can just throw it all in the pan together. If not, I always cook my meat in a separate pan, then add to skillet. Toss veggies and meat until tender. Add noodles, drained. Toss together with seasoning of choice and a little butter. Scoot everything to one side and crack your eggs on the other side of the pan. Quickly scramble your eggs. When done, mix in with noodles, veggies and meat - all done! This is SO easy and versatile. You can just use whatever you have left-over and my family LOVES IT! Throw some egg rolls in the oven or toss a quick salad and you have a great meal that's even better the next day!

2 comments:

Money Saving Maine-iac said...

I love it when a recipe is easy to follow and quick on busy nights.
Thanks for linking up to From Blah to ta-daa!
Teresa

The Royal Family said...

yummmmmmmmmeeeeeeeee

thanks.. :) Going to bookmark this one.

The Buzz,
Brandy